Forage cap

Discuss muskets, uniforms and accouterments here. If you're looking for something, we may be able to point you in the right direction.
Keith
Private

Forage cap

Post by Keith » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:00 am

A quick one on this subject. With regards to the forage cap, which one is more appropreate for us? The wedge type, the night cap or the pork pie? Also would there be any distinctive unit markings on the one we would wear?

Keith

pud
Official historian

Re: Forage cap

Post by pud » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:48 pm

Keith:

Either one will do, but we're attempting to all look the same so the pork-pie style will do. Green ball for lights and black band to represent unit's facing colour. Cap badge can be put onto the left side of the band if you like. It's just for regimental display. Cock's to the right when wearing it ,....it's a scottish thing... :^)

Hope to see you at Ogdensburgh this weekend.

Cheers,
Pud

Keith
Private

Re: Forage cap

Post by Keith » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:30 pm

Pud:

Once again thanks, much appreciated. I won't be at Ogdensburg as I'm still on exercise in California. Whish I was going though, sounds alot more fun and exciting than being here preping for deployment. Have fun and take plenty pf pics. I'll be out at the first drill practise once I get back at the end of the month.

Keith